Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

How to make a Windows 8.1 AIO

how to 8.1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Snuffy

Snuffy

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Global Moderator
  • 8,825 posts

Notice that I modified some to do the way i do it. - I use a blank Partition. I used the following to do my AIO.iso - I also notated as 1. 2.  a. b. c. - so you can see.

Then create 6 subfolders inside win81aio folder and name them as follows: win81, x86, x64, entx86, entx64, mount.

I then did place this ei.cfg into sources.

[Channel]

Retail

[VL]

Folder = Win81AIO

subfolders = 

entx64

entx86

win81\sources

x64

x86

mount

Next extract your windows 8.1 32bit iso to the win81 folder then move the install.wim from win81\sources to the x86 folder

1. extract your windows 8.1 64bit install.wim to the x64 folder

extract your windows 8.1 Enterprise 32bit install.wim to entx86 folder

2. extract your windows 8.1 Enterprise 64bit install.wim to entx64 folder

Then open Deployment and imaging tools CMD as administrator and enter the following command 1 at a time

(code)

Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:c:\win81aio\x86\install.wim /SourceIndex:2 /DestinationImageFile:c:\win81aio\win81\sources\install.wim /DestinationName:"Windows 8.1" /compress:maximum

Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:c:\win81aio\x86\install.wim /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:c:\win81aio\win81\sources\install.wim /DestinationName:"Windows 8.1 Pro" /compress:maximum

Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:c:\win81aio\x86\install.wim /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:c:\win81aio\win81\sources\install.wim /DestinationName:"Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center" /compress:maximum

Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:c:\win81aio\entx86\install.wim /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:c:\win81aio\win81\sources\install.wim /DestinationName:"Windows 8.1 Enterprise" /compress:maximum

a. Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:e:\win81aio\x64\install.wim /SourceIndex:2 /DestinationImageFile:e:\win81aio\win81\sources\install.wim /DestinationName:"Windows 8.1" /compress:maximum

b. Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:e:\win81aio\x64\install.wim /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:e:\win81aio\win81\sources\install.wim /DestinationName:"Windows 8.1 Pro" /compress:maximum

Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:c:\win81aio\x64\install.wim /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:c:\win81aio\win81\sources\install.wim /DestinationName:"Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center" /compress:maximum

c. Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:e:\win81aio\entx64\install.wim /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:e:\win81aio\win81\sources\install.wim /DestinationName:"Windows 8.1 Enterprise" /compress:maximum

once done I moved the new install.wim into the original extracted x64 Pro iso.... then when tested  - I get this:

aio-x64.PNG

PS: I burnt my Bootable USB with eZe Bootable USB and also UltraISO.

I tested with some others that ALL FAILED -100%  so if yours fails... it is the Program not the procedure unless you did part of it worng.

• dave, Tetley and Converseallstar95 like this

Posted Image

Snuffy

Snuffy

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Global Moderator
  • 8,825 posts

Finally I have x86 DL'd so tomorrow I'll add x86 Pro & Core to it ... not Enterprise. then have a 5 AIO. enought for me...

Neige will probably do or if not already a 40 n 1 or something like that ... 

Tomorrow is another day, to PLAY... ;)

Tomorrow is here - OK added x86 to the .iso  - 4,874,464 KB so have to use my 8GB.... will check shortly....

NO - not a WMC - i never use so not need to play with that... add bootable .bif  and burn as UDF 

x5-aio.JPG

• strutter, dave, Tetley and 1 other like this

Posted Image

Neige

Neige

Marketing Department

• Administrators
  • 2,391 posts

Nice tutorial M.P., good work.

So you need to extract all releases as you did.

pro86 (base folder for release)

pro64

ent86

ent64

wmc *

* You need to create a new folder called WMC and you need to also export x64/x86 Pro to get it to WMC edition.

To make WMC editions you will need to fix 8.1 Pro and you do it this way, please change folder  (E:\Temp -> C:\81aio..... ) to your variables

Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:E:\Temp\x86\sources\install.wim /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:E:\Temp\install.wim /DestinationName:"Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center" /compress:maximum

*****************************************************************************************************

Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:E:\Temp\x64\sources\install.wim /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:E:\Temp\install.wim /DestinationName:"Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center" /compress:maximum

*****************************************************************************************************

Dism /mount-wim /wimfile:E:\Temp\install.wim /index:1 /mountdir:E:\Tmp

Dism /Image:E:\Tmp /Get-TargetEditions

Dism /Image:E:\Tmp /Set-Edition:ProfessionalWMC

Dism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:E:\tmp /commit

imagex /flags "ProfessionalWMC" /info E:\Temp\install.wim 1 "Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center" "Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center"

Dism /mount-wim /wimfile:E:\Temp\install.wim /index:2 /mountdir:E:\Tmp

Dism /Image:E:\Tmp /Get-TargetEditions

Dism /Image:E:\Tmp /Set-Edition:ProfessionalWMC

Dism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:E:\tmp /commit

imagex /flags "ProfessionalWMC" /info E:\Temp\install.wim 2 "Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center " "Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center"

The base of the release is done of x86 release, you will export all images to the install.wim file ih the x86 sources folder.

Then instead of using complicated scripts use GImageX to do it, you have nice GUI and in a couple of clicks it's done.

The last operation is the funniest as I rediscovered a fun tool to use oscdimg.exe and command line will be for it

oscdimg -bC:\81aio\boot\etfsboot.com -h -u2 -m -lwin_81_aio C:\81aio\ C:\81_aio.iso

You need to run it from CMD Prompt of W - ADK.

Do not use PowerISO, UltraISO or any other tool, ISO will not boot. You need to use oscdimg.exe

And you are done.

I added to post GImageX x64 Standalone version.

N :)

Attached Files

• Tetley and Maxed like this

neigeadminbw9.png

Snuffy

Snuffy

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Global Moderator
  • 8,825 posts

If you do not use oscdimg - then you need to add .bif using UltraISO  with load boot img.

this is what I use:  IMP_SSS_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5.bif  

or you can use OScdimg. 

both attached so since DISM is part of Windows and Neige offered the FREE GimageX

you have everything you need except the FULL MSDN ISOs and they are available from : FTP or Tracker.

:) SMile your on Candid Camera....

Attached Files

• Neige likes this

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: how to, 8.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users