Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

IE 9 Tweak: moving icons across toolbar?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

beto666

beto666

• Members
  • 8 posts
Hello folks. Simple question: is there a way to move the icons "Home", "Favorites" and "Tools" on the top right hand corner of IE9 to the left, let´s say, below or beside Address Bar? It´s that I´m very much accostumed to seeing them on the left, because of IE8. Is it possible to make it look like IE8 style on this matter? Any tweaks for this? Thanx in advance.

Error: Unknown

Animal Chin

• Administrators
  • 1,181 posts
You can sorta get the "home" button on the left. but it is not pretty and it takes up more space.

Press alt+v
Next, highlight toolbars then put a check mark next to "command bar"
Now you got home closer to the norm.

Now that that particular item is shown, you now can right click in the command bar and you can have your choice of the default setting, and also "add or remove commands".  Now you can clean up that messy new bar.

Posted Image

full size pic.
http://www.myimg.us/images/03.26.11/17569.png

I still do not yet know how to do more than that yet.  I'm still just a few hours into using IE9.

kbrfgUz.png

beto666

beto666

• Members
  • 8 posts
Thank you for the answer. As a matter of fact all I really want is to place the Favorites icon on the left, like in IE8. I really don´t care much for Home or any others. There is a hot key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+I which opens Favorites and closes it, but manually. I wanted it to behave automatically, kinda clicking outside it so that it closes by itself, again, just like IE8, that´s it. Sounds like nagging, doesn´t it?  :histerija:

Animal Chin

• Administrators
  • 1,181 posts
lol, nah. not nagging.  just like me, you want familiarity.  ;)

kbrfgUz.png

beto666

beto666

• Members
  • 8 posts
That´s what it´s all about, isn´t it? Nothing better than good ol´ home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users