Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Aero Glass for Windows 8.1

Aero Glass Windows 8.1 Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

dhjohns

dhjohns

Legend in My Own Mind

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 891 posts

The first "RTM" release of Aero Glass for Windows 8.1 is out, and is available here:  http://glass8.berlios.de/download.html   I installed it.  All it requires is to click on the downloaded .exe file, and click run, ok, etc.  You do not have to be a computer guru to get it working!  Of course there is a pop-up window asking for a donation, but this happens rather infrequently just so long as you press ok to copy it to the clipboard!  Have fun!

• dave, Dahaka and Maxed like this

142aeeb.png

cognizione

cognizione

T.A.A.B # 2

• Global Moderator
  • 2,609 posts

Thanks for the share dhjohns.    :)  

When you go to the site they have  a tab for 8.2/9.      To be continued............ :histerija:

• dave, dhjohns, Dahaka and 1 other like this

2ltq0k6.png

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Maxed

Maxed

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 3,189 posts

that message poping up will continue to annoy you until you pay 3.00 to generate a key and it only works on windows 8 and server 2008r2. they have not got a final version for windows 8.1 yet.

MaxedSig.png

Dahaka

Dahaka

Backup & HDD Tools Moderator

• Forum Moderator
  • 1,377 posts

Ya, I had a license for it. I installed this 8.1 version - it works on Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64.

• dave, cognizione, dhjohns and 1 other like this

v1d4wQr.png

a heavy NetRunner

dave

dave

Eye is OUT for Windows 9

• Administrators
  • 6,643 posts
I installed it in combination with a freeware called WinAeroGlass and got the results I wished. No blurred borders, and page titles are completely transparent.  :biggrin:

http://www.beyondwin...for-windows-81/

NOW, all I have to figure out is a way to Donate for it to remove the watermark & notification. No tricks posted here please.  :biggrin:

Glass%20mixed.png

• Maxed likes this

29gmt00.png

Dahaka

Dahaka

Backup & HDD Tools Moderator

• Forum Moderator
  • 1,377 posts

NOW, all I have to figure out is a way to Donate for it to remove the watermark & notification.

http://glass8.berlios.de/donate.html

• Maxed likes this

v1d4wQr.png

a heavy NetRunner

dave

dave

Eye is OUT for Windows 9

• Administrators
  • 6,643 posts
http://glass8.berlios.de/donate.html

I saw and it's not that easy for me. Just getting a green dot Visa debit card requires a lot of hoop jumping and can't reload, since they can't verify my home address. No post delivery in the boonedocks I live in.  :histerija:

• Maxed likes this

29gmt00.png

Maxed

Maxed

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 3,189 posts

the watermark will not go away unless someone can remove it with a wartermark remover because the 8.1 is still RC3 and I don't like the water mark. :histerija: :histerija:

• dave likes this

MaxedSig.png

dave

dave

Eye is OUT for Windows 9

• Administrators
  • 6,643 posts

Of course I tried that too.   :histerija:

Replaced basebrd.dll.mui & shell32.dll.mui, but he was savy enough to put his watermark above where windows would.

• Maxed likes this

29gmt00.png

Maxed

Maxed

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 3,189 posts

well I have checked the website every day and now there is a new out of RC3 gone retail for 8.1and I have it installed and it is working just fine I already had a key that I bought for windows 8 so he just released the8.1 version today.

• dave and Dahaka like this

MaxedSig.png

dhjohns

dhjohns

Legend in My Own Mind

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 891 posts

that message poping up will continue to annoy you until you pay 3.00 to generate a key and it only works on windows 8 and server 2008r2. they have not got a final version for windows 8.1 yet.

Yes they do!  I have it installed on my Windows 8.1!  It is definitely a final version.

• Dahaka and Maxed like this

142aeeb.png

dhjohns

dhjohns

Legend in My Own Mind

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 891 posts

the watermark will not go away unless someone can remove it with a wartermark remover because the 8.1 is still RC3 and I don't like the water mark. :histerija: :histerija:

Aero Glass for Win8.1 v1.0

• Dahaka and Maxed like this

142aeeb.png

Maxed

Maxed

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 3,189 posts

Ya, I had a license for it. I installed this 8.1 version - it works on Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64.

I just noticed the exe installer was just released today as of 3am this morning it was not posted on the site.

MaxedSig.png

Maxed

Maxed

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 3,189 posts

Aero Glass for Win8.1 v1.0

I know I have it installed you caught me off guard because the installer version 1 was not there a few hours ago thanks for the heads up. :headbang: :headbang:

MaxedSig.png

RobrPatty

RobrPatty

• Beta Tester
  • 594 posts

Can't get it to work with R2 2012 but maybe I don't sense theres a nag.

NewSignature_zps460540fd.png

dave

dave

Eye is OUT for Windows 9

• Administrators
  • 6,643 posts

Installed AOK here, Be sure to run installer as Admin. I also use WinAeroGlass to get transparent borders.

Win%20Aero%20Glass-Aero%20Glass.png

• Snuffy and Maxed like this

29gmt00.png

Maxed

Maxed

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 3,189 posts

Can't get it to work with R2 2012 but maybe I don't sense theres a nag.

Try rebooting it has to download the symbols if you didn't do that already.

• Snuffy, dave and cognizione like this

MaxedSig.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aero Glass, Windows 8.1, Windows 8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users